February 02, 2004

Quote of the Day, FCC launches investigation into halftime show

I didn't see it...er...I did see pictures of it later, not live. But the controversy surrounding nipple-gate seems a bit misplaced. It's obviously in poor taste. But it's completely consistent with the sex-saturated programming on MTV. "I am outraged at what I saw during the halftime show of the Super Bowl. Like millions of Americans, my family and I gathered around the television for a celebration. Instead, that celebration was tainted by a classless, crass and deplorable stunt. Our nation's children, parents and citizens deserve better.'" Michael Powell, Chairman of the FCC Two points. One, if you don't like what you see on TV, do less celebrating around it. And two, if you think you deserve better than what you're watching, change the channel. Or better yet, don't watch at all! The last thing we need is to use something like this as an excuse for more regulation. T.V. IS regulated...by viewers who can switch off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home