October 08, 2003

In From the Clouds at Menaggio

Incidentally, I haven't extended my vacation. It turns out that while I was staying at Menaggio, north of Milan, I came down with a bit of a cold that's knocked me out of commission for a few days. I'm back in the saddle today, but more of a canter rather than a gallop. I DO have a pile of articles on my desk with notes I made while gone. And I hope to post some of those in the next few days, and fill you in on my trip to London last week. By the way, I'll post some pictures from Menaggio when I get them. But from the one below, you can actually see the hotel I was in on the lower right. I'm not sure if it was the first frost of the year, but there was fresh snow on the mountains Sunday morning. Being the mountain man I am (born and raised in Colorado), I'd left the window open but the shutters closed on Saturday night. That may have something to do with my cold. But it was worth it. It's refreshing to get off the grid and breathe some clean air. Good to be back though. And back to normal schedule. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home